Friday, March 13, 2009

Forgot the Washboard

Well much to Holly's liking, The Confederate has gone to Appomattox.

Also, I've taken a step back in time with some of my laundry. The laundry is unreasonably expensive to have the hotel do it (like $2 per shirt) and even having our drivers do it is high (about $8 a load). So it turns out that there's a string-type clothes line in the shower that retracts from one wall and attaches to the other. So while we were in town last weekend, I got some detergent and a scrub brush. So I'm washing my shorts and socks in my sink and letting them dry on this clothes line. Takes about 2 days for shorts to dry and 1 day for socks. What's funny is that I look out my window and a lot of the locals wash their clothes by hand and I get jealous because they get to use the sunlight for their clothes line!

I was able to bump my flight from Chennai to Frankfurt on the way to Rome back a day, so I'll get to stay a night over in Frankfurt. I'll arrive in the morning, so I'll get to have some sausage and sauerkraut for a few meals and then go have adult beverages with some Germans. When I was doing away with the Confederate, I was slightly tempted to leave a "Hitler" for the mustache in honor of my going to Frankfurt. But when I saw it, I wasn't THAT tempted.

Turns out that there's a golf course here that also rents clubs. So I'm trying to schedule some time where I can go get in 18 holes.

Not much else going on. For the last week, we've had a lot of turnover with people coming and going, but now there are about 8 of us here. Some of us are going to see some temples tomorrow, so I ought to have some pictures from that.

I hear that parts of the grand ole' state are getting some rain, so that's certainly good to hear. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment