Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sittin' in LAX

Well I'm sittin' here in the LAX airport waiting for my 20 hour flight over to Singapore. Apparently it's 11 1/2 hours to Tokyo where we get to walk around while they refuel, then hop back on for a 7 1/2 hour flight down to Singapore. I *believe* that I'll be getting into Singapore at 11:10 am. on Friday, Texas time. I'll arrive at 1:10 am. Singapore time on Saturday.

I'm hanging out in the "Business Lounge" for Singapore Airlines at LAX right now. This is quite the place. I'm drinking free scotch, reading the Wall Street Journal and wondering what the poor folks are doing right now. Free booze sure does help this 6 hour layover. The even better news is that I won't have to smuggle a bottle onto the plane from this lounge because apparently it's free drinks on the plane, too.

My morning started out real good when I put my suitcase on the scale for United and it topped off at 59 pounds. I read somewhere that the overweight limit was 75 for international flights, but apparently not for the flight from San Antontio to L.A.. I like the way the guy told me that I was going to have to pay the overweight fee: "Sir, your baggage has a $150 problem." I thought, "Well that's my bag's problem, hit him up for the money." So I was $150 in the hole even before I passed through security.

Time to go refill the glass...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam,

    A little tip I forgot to give you before you left:

    DON'T TAP YOUR FOOT IN THE BATHROOM STALL AT THE AIRPORT!

    Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete